North Vancouver, B.C., Canada
"On February 13, 1948, the Archdiocese obtained the title to six lots on the corner of Lonsdale and 27th Street. Forty families formed the nucleus of the parish. At first they met for Mass and other church services in the basement of the home of Captain and Mrs. John Marron who lived at 3361 Lonsdale Ave. By December of 1948 the rectory was completed and Midnight Mass was held in the temporary chapel in the basement. For the next two years as many as 100 people squeezed into the tiny chapel. In the spring of 1950 construction began on the new church. And it was dedicated by Archbishop William Mark Duke on Trinity Sunday, May 20, 1951." (Link 1.)
North of the church is the church office building and the 1921 craftsman style house that was purchased by the church in the 1950's for use as a convent for the sisters teaching at the Holy Trinity Elementary School. (City of NV Heritage Inventory.)
Photos: Taken in 2012 by SW.
Link 1: http://holytrinityparish.ca/?page_id=35
Link 2: http://archdioceseoftoronto.blogspot.ca/2009/03/lenten-reflection-st-joseph-patron.html
Link 3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Guadalupe
For Further Information: North Vancouver Archives files.
Traditions of Faith and Service.
City of North Vancouver 1994 Heritage