"Rheinfelden used to be roman-catholic until the schism of the 1870s Then the majority of the residents decided to join the newly founded christian-catholic church and the medieval church St. Martin in the town center became one of the centers of this new denomination.
"The church is a frugal building with a freestanding bell tower. At the left side is has a community center as an annex that was added in 1976.
"Famous pieces inside the church there is a large painting in the chancel by Johannes Hugentobler called "Das Himmlische Jerusalem" and a wooden statue of St. Anna from around 1500." (Link.)