North Lonsdale United Church
North Vancouver, B.C. Canada
south east corner of Lonsdale Ave. and East Kings Road.
Reference: The Story of North Lonsdale 1913 to 1990-The Church on the Hill is available at the North Vancouver Archives.
Photos: 1. Top photo of the 1960 North Lonsdale United Church building was
taken in September 2010 by SW. The part of the building that is on
the left, the east, is the 1953 church building.
2. 1926 photo of the store, (available at the North Vancouver Archives
#5276), that was on the south east corner of Lonsdale Ave. and
Kings Road where the congregation first
met. (Photo photoshopped.) First listing of the store in City
Directories is 1915, "J. Keene grocer and postmaster, Lonsdale Ave.
car, King, same".
3. The church door with the pastor in front is the 1915 church at 131
East Kings Road. (See Reference.) It is still in use as the First
Evangelical Baptist Church.
4. The 1915 church at 131 East Kings now the First Evangelical Baptist
Church, photo taken September 2010 by SW.
5. Photo taken of North Lonsdale United Church CGIT girls in 1982 by
6. Interior photo of the sanctuary and the stained glass memorial
windows taken in December 2010 by SW.