St. Mark's Lutheran Church
North Vancouver, B.C.
"In the Beginning: St. Mark’s Lutheran Church (LCC)
In reviewing Lutheranism on the North Shore we think of two synods – The American Lutheran Church (ALC) and the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). These synods are known today as Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC) and Lutheran Church Canada (LCC)
In 1947 the congregation moved their services to a hall on the second floor of the Masonic Temple at 1140/1144 Lonsdale Ave. The 1965 Fire Insurance Map at the North Vancouver Archives labels the northern hall in the Masonic Temple as "Gospel Hall". There they worshiped surrounded by framed photos of Eastern Star matrons, hanging on the walls. (Herb Shopp)
Sanctuary-note laminated beams
and pulpit to the right of chancel
Rear of Sanctuary-note steps to balcony
related information. Herb and Connie Schopp are now members of
the congregation at Mount Olivet Lutheran Church.
Photos: Architectural plans and copies of church photos by Herb and Connie
Schopp are available at the North Vancouver Archives
Reference 1: 1960 Fire Insurance Map
Reference 2: Blog Post "Mount Olivet Lutheran Church", 3/27/11.
Reference 3: Blog Post "St. Andrew's and St. Stephens Presbyterian Church",
June 16, 2013.