(North Vancouver Archives Photo # 6333)
The Wallace Memorial Chapel
St. Martin's Anglican Church
North Vancouver, B.C. Canada
The Wallace Memorial Chapel was part of St. Martin's Anglican Church in 1951 to 1969.
St. Martin's Anglican Church started as St. Thomas Anglican Church in 1910. It was located on the corner of Lonsdale Ave. and Queens Road in the Upper Lonsdale area of the District of North Vanocuver.
"...the parish was officially rededicated on Nov. 11, 1919, to St. Martin of Tours "in commemoration of the signing of the Armistice on St. Martins Day in 1918, to perpetuate the memory of those who were killed in the Great War. (REF 1.)
In 1923 the church farther north in the District of North Vancouver at the corner of Windsor Road and St. Georges Avenue. Here the congregation built a hall that became the church. It faced St. Georges Avenue.
In 1927 this building was turned 90 degrees with the church entrance then being on Windsor Road. And in 1947 a transept and apse was added to the south side of the church. A bell tower with a church entrance was added on the north side. The entrance has since been moved to the east side of the church. (See photo below.)
Reference 2: A Short History of St. Martins, 1910-1956, North Vancouver,
Link 2: http://www.jsca.bc.ca/itw/JerichoBrochure1206.pdf