Brunnen, Schwyz, Switzerland
|"Founded in 1886||On October 10, 1886 committed Brunner have called the Reformed church community into being. Already 14 days later, on October 24, 1886, was the first pastor Max pipe which on the Schwarzenegg had its sphere of influence, to his office in Fountain.|
|"The Reformed church community can look back on over 125 years of history.||For the 125th anniversary of the church and the rectory well a new church history was published in summer 2015, which dates back to the beginnings of Christianity in the canton of Schwyz.The Reformation is also described how the reintroduction of the first Reformed in the late 19th century. In addition, reports can be found in the life of Brunner pastor since its foundation, the architectural history of the two churches and a description of the association's activities to this day. The richly illustrated book can be purchased for a donation after the services or the Parish Office / Secretariat.|
|"Pioneering work in Brunnen||Now began a period of intense pioneering work. Everything had to be rebuilt. The church events found in the Hotel Waldstätterhof, held at the Hotel Rossli and also in the old schoolhouse. In 1890, the first Protestant church was then ready for occupancy with parsonage. The inauguration took place on 6 July 1890. Previously lived pastors Max tube in a small apartment of bakery Hirt at Bahnhofstrasse. In 1931 took place the new community center and on 27 May 1968, the building permit for a new tower next to the church was granted. 1940 and 1990, significant renovations were made to the buildings of the Evangelical Reformed congregation.|
|"The Protestant Church Hilfsverein Zurich||An important role in the history and present of Innerschwyz plays the Protestant Benevolent Society Zurich, supported the communities in organizing and financing the Church's life. An interesting source of community history, the annual reports of the Benevolent Society, which the priest had to annually submit a report, from the interesting extracts were incorporated in the annual report of the Benefit Society. They bear witness to trace the history since the church planting.|
|"Schwyz||After a temporary stop Soldatenbarracke could be used as a service station in Schwyz since 1945, the parish celebrated on May 18, 1958 the solemn consecration of the church in Schwyz" (Link 1.)|
Top Photo: Taken in January 2016 on i Phone by RW while on train ride from his apartment in Basel, Switzerland.
Link 1: http://www.ref-brunnen-schwyz.ch