Memorial Hall 1948
St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church
North Vancouver, B.C. Canada
After 30 year of talking about building a memorial Parish Hall on the property adjacent to the east side of the church it was completed in 1948. The cost was $17,000. "Much of the finishing work had been done by volunteers... The cross that had been atop the original church building (1900) was removed and placed over the main door of the Memorial Hall." It was dedicated in memory of the 24 young men from the church who had given their lives in the First and Second World Wars.
(1985 and 1986)
Quotes: From REF below, book by Beth Lawrence.
Colored photo taken in 2012 by SW.
Reference: Faithful People of God Parish of St. John's North Vancouver
by Beth Lawrence.
Note: Entire history of St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church, see Blog Posts:
1900 Church(Anne MacDonald Hall), 9/9/12.